Friday, December 28, 2012

Part 1: My year in review.


So the year 2012 is coming to an end, and I am another year older now.  I didn't knock off a lot on my bucket list, but there is always next year.  Maybe next year I will get better about blogging ;)

1.  Travel somewhere I've never been.  I did get to visit Las Vegas twice this year and had a good time both times.  I have been there before tho.  I did get a chance to visit somewhere I've always wanted to go:


Holy cow.  I didn't even buy anything because I was overwhelmed with the coolness.  This store literally has EVERYTHING:  I can see why people are so crazy.

2.  Make a pie from scratch.  I still haven't done this, but I will in time.

3.  Run a half marathon.  Another year has passed where I haven't done this.  We went from two shifts to four at work, and I had to work EVERY weekend since January.  I am hoping now that I am on days during the week, I will get a chance to run one.

4.  Pay off three credit cards:  I can do one better....I paid them all off!  I have a few balances from Christmas shopping, but I am no longer drowning in debt like I was before.

5.  Save and maintain at least $1500.  I did it!  One trick that helps me save it to round up my withdraws and round down my deposits.  It may be just a few dollars and cents here and there, but that really adds up!

6.  Try one new recipe a week.  Thanks to Pinterest, I found some great recipes.  I don't think I made a new one every week, but it did get me cooking a lot more.

7.  Skate in a roller derby bout.  Well, I wasn't able to.  With my crazy work schedule and my mom getting ill and passing away, I had to take a break from the team.  It was a hard decision, but I couldn't let those awesome ladies down.  I was given the opportunity to try out again this fall, and I made the team!

8.  Finish the downstairs bedroom.  It has all new paint and wallpaper!  I'm not sure what I will do with the room as of now, but its no longer an eye sore.  

Old wallpaper and paint
Pretty purple and grey paint!







No comments:

Post a Comment