Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Part Three: My year in review

16.  Finish my tattoo.  I dId post before that I did get this done.  This is the beginning of the tattoo.  At my old job I could not have a sleeve, so I took the concept and put it on my side.  My dad was in the Navy and was very proud of his Irish background, so I wanted to intermix the two.  As you can see below I did a horseshoe for good luck, an anchor with a heart, a swallow holding two hearts for my Ma and Pa, and yes, those are brass knuckles with clovers for the finger holes.


Two years, and many painful hours later:


I added a ship wheel, a compass rose, and nautical stars which all mean finding direction in life.  And of course the back to tie it all together is the squid.  Squid is a nickname for people in the Navy.

17.  Take a spa day.  Well I had a spa day over a couple of days.  Before Vegas I did get a mani/pedi, and in Las Vegas I got my hair and make up done.  It was so fun...I hope to do it every time I am out there.


18.  Pay it forward.  I was never really into Starbucks, but I started going there for their awesome Carmel Brulee lattes.  On two occasions I bought the person behind me their drink.  


19.  Take a cooking class.  I still need to do this.


20.  Burn 10,000 calories in a month.  Well this is my punishment for not blogging on a regular basis.  I mean January is over half over, and I am still updating you about LAST year.  I made a habbit of taking a picture of my heart rate monitor to show how many calories were burned, and guess what.  My phone broke.  I have no idea if I hit my goal.  :(


21.  Participate in the home delivered meal program.  I never got a chance to do this/

22.  Take care of me, medically.  I am still having issues with break-ours, but I assume a lot of it is my hard hat at work and my roller derby helmet.  I got new glasses, but I lost them.  My doctor moved, so I guess I'm back to square one.


23.  Have a make-up lesson.  One of my best friends and I went to Las Vegas for her 30th birthday in November.  I surprised her with appointments at the spa at the Venetian, to get our hair and make-up done.  It was so fun!  The staff was great.  Here is the finished product:
I can clean up nice.

24,  Get prettied before I go out of the house, at least twice a week.  I did pretty well at this!  It was nice looking presentable instead of like a hobo.


25.  Detox my closet.  I got rid of a ton of clothes!  I had great success with a Facebook for-sale page.  I made close to $800 just taking pictures and listing them on Facebook.  I need to do it again, but I made more space in my closet.  I guess this means I can shop ;)

26.  Be Mrs. Hallmark.  I sent a lot of cards, hopefully making a lot of peoples' days.  :D

27.  Get my 401K rolling.  Yes I know.  I know, okay???


28.  Plant a garden.  This was a huge fail.  I tried.  I bought stuff.  I tried to til and I got tired.  Maybe next year.


29.  Go horseback riding.  I did not get a chance to do this.  Hopefully this spring.


Don‘t sweat the small stuff.  I am trying.  I promise ;-)

So in a nutshell I didn't do too bad.  I took care of some major things that I had been putting off for a long time.  Here is to a new year, and hopefully more things checked off!

No comments:

Post a Comment