Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cheese-stuffed meatball sliders


I bought a Taste of Home magazine the other day and decided to give a new recipe a try.  I don't usually buy cook books or magazines because internet recipes are free, but it was an impulse buy.

I love meat balls, and I found a recipe that reminded me of tailgating.  With football season in session, I thought this would be great.  I was fooled.

What you'll need:
1.5 lbs of Italian Sausage
16 cubes of part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 jar (24 oz) of spaghetti sauce
1 jar (8.1 oz) of prepared pesto
16 dinner rolls, split and toasted.

What you'll do:
*  Divide sausage into 16 portions.  Shape each portion around a cube of cheese.  Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
*  Meanwhile, in large saucepan combine sauce and pesto and bring to a boil.  Add meatballs, heat through, and stir gently.  Serve on rolls.

I used little slider buns instead of rolls.  I also added some provolone cheese to the bun.

Mr. Whoa rating:
√√√

He liked them, but I did not.  I think next time I would do half pork sausage and half italian sausage,  It was too spicy for me.  

2 comments:

  1. These look good. Think I could use beef?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think beef would taste better! The sausage was just too much for me.

    ReplyDelete