Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 5K- The Color Run!

 
Before color.  The girl in the background looks thrilled to be there.
This was my first Color Run!  I did a Powder Run in April, which is kind of the same concept.  I could not believe all of the people there.  We opted to run the early morning wave, at 9am.  The weather was perfect.  I met my sister and nephew in Des Moines (about 2-2 1/2 hours for both of us) Friday night.  We checked into our hotel and went to Fongs Pizza to carb up a little.  Fongs is this fantastic pizza place in Des Moines, IA.  It used to be a Chinese restaurant, and it still has the Asian  flair.  Many of the pizzas are Asian inspired.  Like Crab Ragoon pizza?  THE BOMB.  We headed back to the hotel.  Bloom took a swim and then we hit the sack. 

You know whats awesome about this race?  There is no time.  Everyone is there to have fun.  Local bars had beers for sale outside.  I didn't get as colored as I thought, which is okay I guess.  I am hoping to do this race every year.  Hopefully the tutu trend dies.  Like soon.   


Bloom waiting patiently to start.



Aftermath.


Not as much as I hoped, but it may have covered a few of the bacon-wrapped tator tots I had after.  :)







No comments:

Post a Comment