Thursday, July 11, 2013

St. Patrick's Day 5K!



Kiss me, I'm Iowish.

I'm Irish and my family has always made a huge deal about St. Patrick's Day.  I go to my sister's every year because there is a huge parade (the only bi-state parade in America) and you can drink green beer right on the street.  My sister and nephew ran the family 1 mile run, and I did the 5K on my own.  It was pretty chilli out for being mid March.  The course was a nice flat run downtown.  The atmosphere was awesome with the crowd, Irish music, and seeing orange, white, and green flags flown everywhere. 

I finished in just over 38 minutes....10 minutes faster than my January run.










The next day we soaked up the soreness and booze with some tasty corned beef and cabbage.
 
Favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment