Thursday, January 19, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Cordon Bleu

Its finally cold and snowy here in good ol' Iowa, so I've been craving some comfort food!  I had four boneless skinless chicken breasts to use up, so I searched for some new crockpot recipes on Allrecipes.com. 

I love chicken cordon bleu, but I never want to take the time to cut and stuff the chicken breasts, so this was an easy way to get the taste with out having to do all the work. 

What you'll need:


  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup milk
  • 4 ounces sliced ham
  • 4 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
  • 1 (8 ounce) package herbed dry bread stuffing mix
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted


  • What to do:
    1. Mix together the cream of chicken soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour enough of the soup into a slow cooker to cover the bottom. Layer chicken breasts over the sauce.
    2. Cover with slices of ham and then Swiss cheese.
    3. Pour the remaining soup over the layers, stirring a little to distribute between layers. Sprinkle the stuffing on top, and drizzle butter over stuffing.
    4. Cover, and cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours, or 2 to 3 hours on High.
    I went to the deli and asked for 1/4 pound of ham, and it was just enough pieces to cover the chicken.  The deli ham was a little more pricey than the others found in the meat and cheese section, but I think its tastier, and this way none of it went to waste.  I also used shredded cheese, which I will add more next time as I really couldn't taste the swiss. 

    Mr. Whoa rating:
    ☺☺☺☺

    If stuffing is involved, Mr. Whoa digs it.  He even offered to do the dishes.  ;)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment