Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Reuben Pizza


Okay, so I can't slice a pizza evenly.
 So I love reubens.  I also love pizza.  My friend posted on Facebook last week that his better half had made homemade Reuben pizza.  She said it was simple to do, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. 

What you'll need:
Pizza crust (I used a pre-made one, because I was running late for derby).
1/2-1 cup of 1000 Island dressing  (Adjust sauce to your liking).
1 cup of sauerkraut  (rinse and drain)
1 package of corned beef
2 cups of shredded swiss cheese

What to do:
Add 1000 Island dressing to pizza crust.  Add swiss cheese and layer with corned beef.  Put remaining cheese over the corned beef.  Add sauerkraut.  Bake according to crust directions.

Mr. Whoa rating:
☺☺☺
He said he really liked it, but I took a smiley away due to my liking.  I used slices of swiss cheese, because it was due to expire in the next week and I HATE to throw out food.  The swiss taste was too strong for me.  I think if I stuck to shredded it would have been a little more mild.

No comments:

Post a Comment