Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sausage Balls


I get a phone call the day before Christmas from my Mother-in-Law, asking if I would bring appitizers for Christmas.  Gee...thanks for the notice.  So I hunt around for different recipes and stumbled across this little number.  I had no idea how good it would be, but I love sausage and I love cheese.  The Bisquick is what worried me.  I hauled ass to the grocery store (which was a zoo by the way) and picked up my stuff.

So easy to make and they were pretty tasty!  Mother-in-law is not a huge sausage fan (get your mind out of the gutter) but she loved these.  They would be a great addition to breakfast or brinner. 


What you'll need:
2 pounds of sausage (can mix in a pound of spicy sausage for a little heat)
2 cups of cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups of Bisquick


What to do:
Brown the sausage, drain, and put into mixing bowl.  Add in the Bisquick and cheese, mixing together.  Once mixed, roll into little balls.  Place on foil on a baking sheet.  Cook at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. 

Mr. Whoa Rating: ☺☺☺
I made him try this the night before and he liked them okay.  He thought they would be better as a meal, rather than a snack/appitizer.

1 comment: