Thursday, January 26, 2012

My first Pinterest project: The Chalkboard Menu

So I've pinned a gang of cute ideas to do the chalkboard menu, but I don't have a lot of wall space to do anything big.  As I was about to leave the craft store last night, I walked by the spring clearance (Clearance before spring?) and found this little flower pot chalk board. 


before
 I snatched it and grabbed some paint, because I finally had an idea of what to do.  When I got home, I removed the flower and the vine.  I painted around the pot a cream color, and then attempted to paint leopard print.  I added a bow in the corner and attached my chalk.  Glued some old magnents on the back and voila!

after

Since I had NOTHING (no paint, brushes, etc) it was probably pricier than I wanted to spend, but it ended up only being about $20 or so.  Not too shabby!  It took a long time, but it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment