Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Grocery shopping in style

I was looking for a new menu planning template this morning and I stumbled across this little number from The Feathered Nest.  I used one before that had the days separated by each meal, but since Mr. Whoa and I fend for ourselves for breakfast and lunch, I felt it wasn't necessary.  Plus I love all the fun colors.  I am also liking the "other" catagory, so I can make my to-do and errand list on the side.

Mr. Whoa really doesn't have much of an opinion what is on the table, so I don't have to worry about making two meals, or leaving things out (except for mushrooms).  He has liked every low-cal or Weight Watcher recipe I've made, and most of the time he is clueless that it is remotely good for you.  Such a sneak I am.

I am really exceited to try some new recipes from fellow WW boardie's blog, Emily Bites.  All of her dishes have had rave reviews, and they are quite simple.  How much fun do cheeseburger cupcakes sound?  Those and the taco pasta bake are the first two on the list to try, and I'm hoping there are leftovers so I can enjoy them longer.  ;-)

I actually love grocery shopping.  Unless its a Saturday morning, its very therapudic for me.  Since I am off all week now, I can shop later morning or early afternoon and its wonderful.  Paying for groceries is not so fun, but I'd rather shell out $100/week for food that will last than a couple meals out on the town. 


Can you tell I dig animal print?
 I haaaaaaaate plastic grocery bags, and since they are naughty to the environment anyway, I bring my own tote bags.  I have another one in pink and a blue zebra bag.  My mama bought these for me probably four years ago, and they are still going strong.  Plus you can fit a lot more groceries in a couple of these bags, compared to twenty plastic ones.  The totes are so much easier to carry.  Muy bueno.

I throw my menu planner/grocery list on my little peacock clipboard that I ordered from Kute Klipboards by Amy.  I would like to throw a couple magnents on the back so I can hang it on my fridge.  Could I have made it myself?  Probably.  I want to get this whole cooking and cleaning thing down before I tackle being the craft master. 

Grocery shopping was taken care of yesterday, so we should be good for about another week.  We got to grill out last night!  50 degrees in January, who would have thought? 


Happy shopping folks!

4 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for sharing that template. I think I'm going to have to use it as well. I was just thinking to myself I need to get more organized. I buy things and then they sit in the freezer or the cabinets and never get used. What a waste of time & money. So hopefully this will help.

    How is the roller derby thing going? Maybe you have a post below. I will read on. Anyways - don't you love the weather?! I went and paid $800 for snow tires and we have no fricken snow. Oh well. I'd rather have no snow than my $800.

    How's everything else going? I hope your Momma is doing better. I'll have to check out FB later and see the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! Mama has turned around for the better. It's so awesome.

    Derby is great. Its hard, and its expensive, but I am enjoying it and the girls are great.

    We are getting snow for the first time now, so I'm sure you'll be seeing some too!

    Glad to hear from you, Skinny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shopping list is super cute! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the list, I use it all week on my fridge. It's very handy.

    ReplyDelete