Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Rollin and burnin

So today is the first time I wore my HRM to roller derby practice.  I worked on a couple drills, but did mostly basic skating to build my skills and endurance since I'm a little more behind then the girls I started with (thanks to work).  Who knew practicing falls and stops would be a good calorie burner?  I had my HRM watch under my wrist guard, so I wasn't sure on what I burned till practice was done.  I unstrapped my guards and BAM: 


Thats right....over 1500 calories.  I was quite excited because I met my bestie for lunch and we split some fried pickles and a burger, so I took care of some of that.  I am super sore, but I am really enjoying myself.  I wouldn't even have this type of burn by running, so its stellar to have an activity that I love and that will make my ass smaller eventually.  With derby being twice a week, I may actually reach my 10,000 calorie a month goal this year!

Monthly burned:  1503
Calories to burn:  8497

Time for a bath.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment